Beasts for Breasts on Saturday!
Time: 10am – 12PM
Place: Get Fit CNMI Box/ Gym/ Warehouse. Warehouse 5-C, Chalan Kiya Industrial Center, Chalan Kiya Saipan
$10.00 To Participate in the WOD, this will get you a free tote bag. $20.00 For a Beasts for Breasts T-shirt. All the proceeds will be going towards Commonwealth Cancer Association (CCA) in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Come out and support this is for a great cause everybody!
LETS DO OUR BEST FOR BREASTS!
WOD: Tabata (20 secs on, 10 secs off)
toes 2 bar
Sweet Potato Chili Fries:
- 2 sweet potatoes – made into Sweet Potato French Fries
- For the chili
- 1/2lb Grass Fed Beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
- 1-1.5 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice (I used bacon fat)
- Make your Sweet Potato Fries.
- While your sweet potato fries are cooking, place a large skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of fat.
- Add your minced garlic and onion to your hot pan and mix to combine the flavors.
- When your onions have become translucent, add your grass fed beef and all your spices. Let your meat cook down for about 4-5 minutes, using a wooden spoon to break up the beef and incorporate the spices.
- When the beef is almost cooked through, add your diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Mix to combine.
- Then add your vegetable broth. If you want a runnier chili, add a bit more broth.
- Add a bit of salt and pepper.
- Let cook down for about 3 minutes and taste to make sure your spice level is where you want it to be!!
- Pour over your sweet potatoes and top with some avocado to act as a cooling agent. This chili is a bit spicy!
This cooking time is with the time it takes to cook sweet potato fries included.
Trackback from your site.