DON’T FORGET TIFFANY LIN’S ‘SEE YOU LATER’ PARTY THIS SATURDAY (JUNE 8, 2013) AT SANDY BEACH HOMES BEACH AT 9 AM. IT’S POTLUCK STYLE SO BRING A DISH AND SOME KIND OF DRINK.
Take 12-15 minutes and build to a heavy, but not necessarily 3RM Deadlift
Rounds of 15, 12 and 9 reps of:
1.25 x Bodyweight Deadlift
*ALL EXTRA CREDIT IS OPTIONAL*
CHOOSE ONE OR TWO FROM BELOW
Active Recovery Day
25-40 minutes of one of the following performed at 60-70% effort – easy, restorative pace:
* Swim (this is my first choice, and if you have an ocean, even better)
* Row (focus on mechanics, smooth and efficient with a very low stroke per minute pace)
* AirDyne (keep the pace conversational and relaxed)
* Cycling (get outdoors and enjoy the scenery as you ride)
* Hike (nothing crazy here, find a nice easy slope and go for a walk outdoors)
NOTE ABOUT ACTIVE RECOVERY – The activity selected must be restorative for you. It can also be an opportunity to work on a skill (like swimming or rowing), but the effort expended should leave you feeling energized at the end of the session, not depleted. I would also always prefer to see active recovery done as soon after rising as possible on the active recovery days. It’s an opportunity to start some blood flowing and aid your recovery.
Mobility and Maintenance
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Body Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
– AND/OR –
* Body work from a licensed body worker (ART, Graston, acupuncture, etc…)
* This could be a lot of things, but think in terms of compression, contrast baths, salt baths, castor oil packs, etc….
Tags: cnmi, fitness, fitness cnmi, fitness saipan, getfit cnmi, getfitcnmi, gym, health cnmi, Health saipan, northern mariana islands gym, northern marianas islands, saipan, strength and conditioning cnmi, strength and conditioning saipan, workout, workout cnmi, workout saipan
Trackback from your site.