Go for a walk!
5 rounds for time of:
15 kettlebell swings
15 good mornings (45/35#)
15 hanging knee raises
Men use 35-lb. kettlebell
Women use 25-lb. kettlebell
Select a load for the kettlebell that allows you to perform the first round of swings in 2 sets or less. Only perform the GHD sit-ups as prescribed if you have completed 50 full-range-of-motion reps in a workout within the past month. If you have not recently done a high volume of GHD sit-ups, reduce the range of motion. If you have not performed GHD sit-ups in a workout, use AbMat sit-ups.
We will be having only morning classes today for All Soul’s Day
Building lean muscle diverts cals from fat storage to muscle growth/maintenance. Lean muscle weighs more than fat & raises what? Resting Metabolic Rate As RMR—energy burned at rest—increases, more cals can be eaten. Fat burns fewer cals at rest & lowers RMR hormonally, while lean muscle increases it.
50 MINUTE AMRAP
1 200M walk
1 250M Row
1 minute Front Plank
- Today is All Soul’s Day. If you can not make the morning class, you can perform today’s WOD at home, a track, sidewalk, or park
- Today’s WOD can be modified for outside the box.
WOD Modified for outside the Box
50 minutes of:
3 minute Walk
1 minute Run jog or sprint (this is the sub for Rowing)
1 minute Front Plank on Sidewalk pavement
- Set a running clock, stopwatch, wrist-watch, fitbit, or cell phone for 50 minutes
- Focus for today’s WOD is to just keep moving. Try not to stop. Rest while walking and/or holding a plank.
Eating the same number of calories a day can cause metabolism to slow down. Incorporating sugar into weekly cheat meals provides a fuel-burning boost.
3 Rounds of:
1min of Handstand walk or handstand hold or wall climbs
Rest 1 min
1 min of broad jumps or vertical jumps
Rest 1 min
1 min of walking lunges
Rest 1 min
3 rounds for time of:
20 wall-balls (20/14#)
20 sumo deadlift high pulls (75/55#)
20 box jumps (24/20″)
20 push press (75/55#)
300 M Row Sprint
Bodyweight exercises require little to no equipment and can often be performed in small spaces. Doing them in supersets can build strength & stamina.
Take 20 minutes to work up to a heavy 5 rep thruster. Then reduce the weight by 10-20lbs for today’s Part B Wod.
15-12-9 reps for time of:
Men use 115-lb. barbell
Women use 75-lb. barbell
- If unable to complete the first round of thrusters in 3 sets or less, consider reducing the load for the remainder of the workout.
Sit-ups can cause compression in the lower back, eventually leading to pain/injury. Try anti-extension exercises like planks and bird dogs instead.
Superman’s can cause back pain, long-term damage and do not work the lower back in a functional way. Do bird dogs or back extensions instead.
Most core training puts too much emphasis on spine flexion. Excessive bending forward can pull the spine out of alignment, causing back pain & injury.
Active Recovery Day
Time Cap: 7 minutes
4 Rounds of:
3 minutes Mix Plank Hold (Begin with a Front Plank, when it becomes difficult switch to a side plank, transition between the two planks until 3 minutes is up)
Rest 2 minutes between rounds
Total Time: 18 minutes
- Try to hold a combination of planking for the whole 3 minutes with good form.
Breathing Exercise (3 Cycles)
- Get Comfortable. You can sit or lie on your back, but do not do this exercise while standing up.
- Do 30 power breaths. On the coach’s cue, you can start to deeply breathe in and out 30 times at a steady pace. Breath in through the nose, out through the mouth. Inhale fully but don’t exhale all the way out. As you inhale you should feel your belly rise and on the exhale, you should feel your belly fall. It may feel a bit like you are hyperventilating, but you are in control. you may also feel a tingling or lightheaded sensation throughout your whole body, when you do this for the first time. This is perfectly normal.
- Hold your breath with empty lungs. Your coach will set a stop watch. On breath #30, exhale and empty your lungs of air and refrain from breathing. Now Hold for as long as you can without force. During this time relax close your eyes and focus on the space between your eyes. Only start to breath when you can no longer resist the urge.
- Breath in for 10 seconds. Take a deep breath in and hold it for a further 10-15 seconds, before exhaling.
- Repeat steps 1-4. Relax and breath normally. we will repeat this breathing exercise 2 more cycles for a total of 3 cycles.
Which exercise works the core—needed to stabilize upper body & drive power through legs when rowing—as well as glutes/hamstrings? Bridge
In the seated position glutes are relaxed, which can lead to weakness. Stand at least hourly and practice pushing hips forward & squeezing glutes.
Strong forward lean of the torso can indicate weak core muscles & engagement. Strengthen core & do not add weight to squat until form is corrected.
Flexing/rounding the low back increases shear forces to disks & may result in acute or cumulative injury. Activate core muscles to keep spine neutral.
6 Rounds of:
Set Clock to 6 rounds of 30seconds on, 60 seconds off
30sec Row Sprint
60sec Row Slow Pace
- No stopping or resting between rounds. Row fast for 30sec and row slow during the 60 second off.
- If you need to rest, row at a slower pace during the 60sec duration.
- All ways keep rowing for all 6 rounds
Complete as many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:
10 Kettlebell Swings (53/35#)
20 Pistols alternating
Over time, blue-violet light exposure may increase risk of age-related macular degeneration. Blue-violet light is emitted by digital screens like smart phones, ipads, flat screen tvs, monitors.
10 minutes of agility ladder
10 minutes of kettlebell yoga
120 double-unders or 120 Singles
60 hang power snatches (75/55#)
120 double-unders or 120 Singles
Time Cap: 20 minutes
Try to eat your daily meals following the picture above. This is only a guide. Be creative, keep meals simple and easy to prepare and eat.
5 minutes of Rowing
10 minutes of Dynamic Warm-up
Take 15 minutes to work up to a heavy Deadlift to prepare for today’s WOD
Complete as many rounds as possible of the following AMRAPS
3 burpee box jump-overs (24/20″)
3 deadlifts (225/135#)
1 min rest
6 burpee box jump-overs
1 min rest
9 burpee box jump-overs
Total Time: 11 minutes